Swapping rice for protein rich, wholegrain Quinoa.
100g Red Bell Pepper
100g Fresh Courgette
200g, Butternut Squash
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
250g Express Quinoa Whole Grain
150g Pork belly rasher
Freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the pork belly and chorizo and put on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a hot oven until crispy. 10 – 15 minutes.
- Whilst the meat is roasting chop all the vegetables.
- Put the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the vegetables.
- Fry over a hot heat for about 2 – 5 minutes, turn down to medium adding the grated garlic clove.
- Sprinkle with Tamari and freshly ground black pepper and continue to fry gently.
- When the port and chorizo are crispy add to the vegetables and stir.
- Finally add the quinoa and heat through.
This dish serves 4 people for a main meal and is 409 calories per serving. The majority of the calories come from the Pork Belly which could be replaced with prawns or eliminated all together.
Vegans and Vegetarians can simply eliminate the meat all together.